- This event has passed.
The State of the Latino Vote
January 16 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Please RSVP at https://bit.ly/2CfT8Je
Join CPLC for a panel discussion by national leaders and experts in civic engagement. These organizations will provide their analysis of the midterm elections.
– What role did Latinos play in the 2018 midterm elections, both locally and nationally?
– Who came out to vote in the Latino community, and what messages resonated with them?
– What role will Latinos play in the 2020 elections, census, and redistricting?
– What is at stake for the Latino community?
– Dorian Caal, Director of Civic Engagement Research, NALEO Educational Fund
– Ben Monterroso, National Executive Director & Co-Founder, Mi Familia Vota
– Joseph Garcia, Director of Latino Public Policy Center, Morrison Institute for Public Policy, Arizona State University
– Steven Ochoa, National Redistricting Coordinator, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
– A national leader from UnidosUS (individual TBA)
The event will also feature remarks from CPLC President & CEO David Adame.