- This event has passed.
Community Overdose Prevention Naloxone Training City of Maricopa
April 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Sonoran Prevention Works and Maricopa Behavioral Health Services will be hosting a 2-hour community Overdose Recognition, Response, and Naloxone administration training at the Copper Sky Recreation Complex, Multi Purpose Rm A; on Thursday, April 18th, 5:30-7:30 PM.
People who use or have a history of using drugs (prescribed or non-prescription), friends & family members, and ALL members of the community are WELCOME and encouraged to attend!
Naloxone (Narcan) is an easy-to-use medication that when administered in time, can prevent death due to opioid overdose. Common opioids include heroin, OxyContin, codeine, Percocet, and Vicodin.
Participants of this training will learn:
– The basics of Harm Reduction
– Overdose Statistics Nationally and Locally here in AZ
-Fentanyl: Myths and Reality
– The laws addressing Naloxone possession, distribution, and administration
– How to recognize if someone is overdosing
– How Naloxone reverses an overdose
– How to respond to an opioid overdose using Naloxone
– How to create an overdose plan
This training is FREE and every attendee will receive free intramuscular Naloxone kits!
There is no need to register for this event
Questions at email@example.com or 520-402-7748